New Zealand Campervan Hire
Daily rates from $55
- Total freedom to explore this beautiful country at your own pace
- Pick up/drop off locations on North and South Islands
- Everything you need for camping- sleeping area, cooker and fridge
- Unlimited mileage, 24-hour roadside recovery and standard insurance included
- Helpful app for planning your route and finding campsites
Go on the adventure of a lifetime in the land of the All Blacks, Lord of the Rings and the Haka. Pick up one of our modern, spacious campervans from either Auckland or Christchurch and hit the road! You’ll have total freedom to travel wherever and whenever you want, with unlimited mileage. Your accommodation and transport are sorted so all you’ve got to think about is having fun! It’s a great value way to travel as well - share with a mate and you’ll literally halve your costs!
Want to find out more?
Download more trip information and detailed itinerary
Choose from our modern, fuel efficient, spacious fleet of fully equipped campervans. With unlimited mileage, the end date of your choice, and two possible pick up / drop off points, you can design your trip to suit you perfectly.
You’ll become quite attached to your trusty camper by the end of your adventure! All vans sleep and seat at least 2 people and each vehicle is kitted out with sleeping area, gas hobs, fridge, and freezer, bedding, linen, cutlery, crockery, stereo and more.
Choose from 5 awesome rental options, ranging from budget through to luxury-
- Budget: Our most popular choice among travellers and probably the best value campervan you’ll find in New Zealand. Compact on the outside and spacious on the inside, with extended sleeping options, this is an amazing choice for budget conscious travellers.
- Beta: Our standard model. All the features of the Budget but slightly more modern. The Beta offers great fuel efficiency too.
- Beta 2S: Our premium camper, with a sophisticated appearance. With no back seat, this model offers 40% more space. Perfect for 2 travellers.
- Dream Sleep Mini: The most luxurious of our models. Upgraded features include luxury bedding, bigger fridge and water tank and GPS.
- Beta 4-berth (with rooftop tent): The only van in our fleet that can both seat and sleep up to 4 people. There are two comfy double beds, one in the vehicle and one in the rooftop tent – perfect for families.
What do the vans include as standard?
All our vans are comfortable, spacious Toyota Estimas. Every van is kitted out with the following as standard:
- 12v smart battery system
- Lockable storage
- CD and radio stereo
- Air con and heating
- Sleeping area
- Optional bed extension
- Gas hobs
- Bedding and linen
- Cutlery and crockery.
Collection and drop off locations
You can choose to pick up and / or drop off in either Christchurch or Auckland so you can do a round trip if you like.
Standard insurance is included and there are two upgrade options if you want complete peace of mind for your trip. You’ve also got 24-hour roadside assistance included.
Travel & camping app
We’ve got an easy-to-use app to help you plan your route. It includes information on campsites, accommodation, special deals and petrol stations – easy peasy!
- Comfortable, modern campervan
- Two pick up/drop off locations
- Cooking and sleeping gear
- Unlimited mileage
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Free additional drivers
- Standard vehicle insurance
- Trip planning app
- 24-hour emergency support
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Additional vehicle upgrades
- Security bond (payable on pick up & reimbursed on return without damage)
Travelling by campervan means your accommodation and transport are all included, so you'll never need to worry about finding somewhere to book at short notice, or have to work out how to get there!
Our campers range from five-seater and two-seater vehicles, and all are able to sleep up to two people. The van comes with all the camping gear you'll need, from bedding and linen to gas cooker, pans, cutlery, utensils, cups, plates, fridge-freezer or cool box, and a whole lot more!
After you’ve booked we’ll give you access to our free app to find the best free and budget campsites in New Zealand, most of which will come with shower units, toilets, and barbecue areas. Alternatively, you can pull over at a picturesque spot and pitch camp – the freedom!
You can arrange to collect your campervan from our centres in either Auckland or Christchurch. You will need to make your own way to your collection point. The date and time of your campervan collection will be pre-arranged, so please ensure you collect your vehicle at the agreed time.
You can return your campervan to one of the centres in Auckland or Christchurch as well, meaning you can do a return journey if you wish. Again, you must return the campervan by the agreed date and time, or further charges might be applied. Please make sure you have refuelled and are returning your campervan in the same condition you collected it in.
You will need to be 18 years or older to hire and drive a campervan and hold a full, valid driving license (please bring your driving license with you).
British citizens don’t need a visa to enter New Zealand as a visitor for up to 6 months. However, you will need to get a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority before you travel. This can be applied for online or via a mobile app. You will also need to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) when you apply.