The Complete Round the World
19 weeks from $23,108
- Spend a week volunteering on a Big 5 game reserve and explore spectacular Cape Town, South Africa
- Meet the geisha, learn martial arts from a samurai, and stay overnight in a temple in Japan
- Watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat, Cambodia, visit an elephant project in Thailand, and spend a night on a private island in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef, sail round the Whitsunday Islands and spend 2 magical days on Fraser Island, Australia
- Hike through the Grand Canyon, party in Vegas and walk under the Yosemite redwoods in the USA
- See the jaw-dropping Iguassu Falls from both Argentina and Brazil, stay in a traditional estancia in Uruguay and party in Rio
This dream round the world tour smashes together seven of our most popular adventures to make the trip to end all trips! Spanning 5 continents and 12 countries, it’s serious bucket-list stuff. Kick off in South Africa with a week on a big 5 game reserve, spend 10 crazy days in Japan, then hit the highlights of Southeast Asia with a whirlwind tour through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. The amazing east coast of Australia is next for the Whitsundays, Fraser Island, the Barrier Reef and more. Then hop over to New Zealand, for bungee jumping, geothermal wonders and Maori culture. Take a classic American road trip, including the Grand Canyon, Vegas and Route 66, before the final leg of our adventure in South America, from breath-taking Buenos Aires to exotic Brazil, via Uruguay and the Iguassu Falls. Mind. Blown.
Want to find out more?
Download more trip information and detailed itinerary
Explore 12 of the world’s most amazing countries on this mind-blowing round the world trip. It’s non-stop bucket-list moments and probably the greatest adventure you’ll ever have. We know that one size doesn’t always fit all, so if you’d like to take out, or add any destinations, just get in touch with our team and we’ll work with you to tailor your adventure to your exact requirements.
There’s a short summary of the jam-packed schedule below. For full day-by-day details, please download the Info Pack.
Kick off your incredible round the world trip with a week living and volunteering on an award-winning Big 5 South African game reserve. It’s the best way of actually getting up close and personal with South Africa’s amazing wildlife. After a week at the reserve, take the famous Garden Route, starting with a night in Port Elizabeth. Next up it’s Jeffery’s Bay, where we’ll make like the locals with a surfing lesson, or a horse ride. Journey on to Tsitsikamma for national park beauty, adrenaline sports and one of the highest bridges in the world. Then it’s the coastal town of Knysna, where we’ll take a boat tour to the Knysna Heads and you’ll have the opportunity to go paragliding. Travel on to Oudtshoorn where we’ll visit the Crocodile Ranch. Our last stop on this leg of the tour is the stunning city of Cape Town, where you can either visit Table Mountain, Cape Point or Robben Island, and enjoy a farewell dinner with the group.
Konichiwa Tokyo! Spend 3 days getting to know Japan’s idiosyncratic capital, with pop-culture in Harajuku, bento boxes in Yoyogi Park, arcade games in Akihabara, a visit to Senso-Ji Temple, a sushi rolling class, a robot show and more - phew! Then journey south to Hakone, where we’ll take a cable car through the mountains, with views of Mount Fuji and sail across Lake Ashi on a pirate ship. Then rip through the countryside on a bullet train to historic Takayama, where we’ll stay in a tranquil temple, sample sake and get our zen on. Then journey to cultural Kyoto for the Gion district, geishas, golden temples and a Kendo class in a dojo with a Samurai! We’ll take a day trip to Arashiyama for the bamboo forest, Monkey Mountain and a rowboat trip. Then we’ll continue on to electric Osaka, for the neon-lit Dotonbori district, and an all-you-can-drink karaoke session!
Your Southeast Asian experience starts in Bangkok, where we’ll catch the overnight train to Chiang Mai. Head straight to the elephant sanctuary for an unforgettable day feeding, bathing and caring for the eles, then spend a night in an authentic homestay and a day hiking through the jungle. You’ve got 3 days in Chiang Mai with cooking classes, white-water rafting, temple visits and the famous night market. Then take a flight to Luang Prabang, Laos for waterfalls, night markets, school visits, ethnic villages, caves and more. Our next stop is the riverside town of Vang Vieng, where we’ll visit the Blue Lagoon, go tubing on the river and enjoy the laidback vibe. Then it’s another flight to Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi, to explore Hoa Lo Prison, discover the Old Quarter and go on a bar crawl. The world wonder that is Ha Long Bay is next, with 2 days cruising through the emerald waters and a night on a private island with beach party! Back on dry land we’ll journey to Phong Nha for bike rides, local villages and atmospheric caves. Continue to beautiful Hoi An. Wander the lantern-lit streets, fish for crabs on a basket boat or discover the Vietnamese ‘Disneyland’. Take a short flight south to Ho Chi Minh City, where we’ll take walking and waterbus tours, visit the Cu Chi Tunnels and check out Ben Thanh Market. Get some more ink on your passport as we journey to Phnom Penh Cambodia. Take a walking tour and visit the infamous S21 Prison and the Killing Fields for an insight into Cambodia’s tragic past. Paradise is next on the itinerary (AKA Koh Rong), where we’ll have the option to scuba dive, party on the beach and go on an adventure boat trip, staying the night in hammocks on a deserted beach! Our penultimate stop is Siem Reap where we’ll round off with a real bucket-list moment – sunrise over Angkor Wat. We’ll leave you back in Bangkok.
G’day Australia! Arrive in Sydney and take a walking tour of the city’s iconic sights, before heading up the coast to boho Byron Bay. Spend 2 days kayaking through the marine park, biking on the coast and chilling on the beach. Journey on to Surfers Paradise for surf lessons and a wild night out. Then it’s Brisbane for lagoon swimming and a trip to the world-famous Australia Zoo. Rainbow Beach is next, where we’ll spend a night before our amazing Fraser Island experience. Spend 2 days exploring Fraser Island by 4 x4, swimming in lakes and camping out. Back on the mainland we’ll have a night in the Town of 1770, before travelling on to Airlie Beach, gateway to the Whitsundays. Follow on with an unforgettable 3 day boat trip in the Whitsundays, sailing through turquoise waters, stopping to explore desert islands and snorkelling on colourful reefs. Find your land legs again back in Airlie Beach before our final destination – tropical Cairns. Enjoy some banging nights out and an incredible day snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef.
Kia Ora New Zealand! Kick off in Auckland before journeying on to Rotorua with a stop en route in the magical Waitomo Caves. Rotorua is all about geothermal wonders and traditional Maori villages. Then we’ll travel on to beautiful Taupo where you can visit the geothermal park, relax in a spa or opt to go white-water rafting. Visit the stunning Huka Falls before returning to Auckland. Next, skip the long bus journeys and catch a flight to Queenstown, the home of adventure sports. Then travel through the unforgettable Milford Sound by boat. Visit beautiful Te Anau and the Lord of the Rings filming locations. Next up is Wanaka where you can see the famous "Wanaka Tree" before taking a breath-taking drive to the Southern Alps to Lake Tekapo. Head back to Queenstown to party it up with your group before travelling onwards.
Howdy America! Start your USA adventure in Tinseltown, where we’ll explore the glitzy highlights before hopping on the Surfliner to San Diego for good vibes, a tour of the Gaslamp Quarter, and a micro-brewery crawl. Say goodbye to the Golden Coast and head to the desert oasis of Phoenix, where there’s an all-American barbecue dinner waiting for us. Take an optional hot air balloon ride over the city, before travelling on to none other than the Grand Canyon! Hike through the Canyon, marvelling at its scale, and spend two sensational nights in a glampsite in the national park. Our next stop is Vegas (via Route 66). We’ll make some stops on the famous road, before arriving in Sin City for the light show on Fremont Street, a party bus on the strip and an all-round wild time! Recover from your Vegas stay in a lakeside chalet on Bass Lake, including a day trip into the majestic Yosemite National Park. Our last stop on this section of the trip is gorgeous San Francisco. Take a city tour and enjoy a big SF style night out with your crew.
Arrive in Buenos Aires where you’ll have a couple of free days to soak up the city’s sexy European / Latin fusion. Then cross the border into Uruguay, where our first stop is the pretty town of Colonia. Then enjoy a couple of days in Montevideo, before getting to grips with rural life on a rustic Estancia (ranch). Help out at the ranch, ride the horses through the country and sample some delicious local wines. Cross the border into Argentina next and take the overnight bus to the Iguassu Falls. We’ll spend 2 days at the spell-binding falls, experiencing them from both Brazilian and Argentinian sides – it’s an unforgettable experience. Then take a flight to Sao Paulo, followed by a bus to the stunning seaside town of Paraty. Explore the colonial streets, relax on the beach, or take a horse-ride in the country. Then take the bus followed by ferry to the untouched tropical island of Ilha Grande, where we’ll spend two blissful days. Our last stop is the outrageously exotic city of Rio de Janeiro. Spend two days exploring - play volleyball on the beach with the beautiful people, visit the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue and Sugarloaf Mountain, and catch a game of football with the locals – what a trip!
South Africa Experience
- 14 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner week 1 / Breakfast only week 2
- Arrival airport transfer
- Orientation on arrival
- Volunteer programme on an award-winning game reserve
- Reserve project t-shirt and cap
- Working with trained zoologists, rangers, and conservation staff
- Access to the game reserve's tennis courts, swimming pool, and other facilities
- Surfing or horse riding in Jeffrey’s Bay
- Tsitsikamma National Park entry
- Knysna Heads boat trip
- Oudtshoorn Crocodile Ranch
- Table Mountain, Cape Point, or Robben Island tour
Intro to Japan
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 3 dinners
- Culture and language class
- Harajuku tour
- Meiji Shrine visit
- Akihabara tour
- Tsukiji Fish Market visit
- Sushi making class
- Robot restaurant
- Shibuya Crossing visit
- Mt Fuji viewing
- Cable car in Hakone
- Pirate ship cruise on Lake Ashi
- Sake tasting
- Traditional temple stay
- Takayama Old Town tour
- Takayama morning market walk
- Gion walking tour
- Golden Pavilion visit
- Daitoku-Ji walk
- Kendo class and guided meditation
- Monkey Mountain climb
- Arashiyama Bamboo Forest visit
- Arashiyama boat tour
- Dotonbori street food tour
- Karaoke night in Osaka
Southeast Asia Experience
- 30 nights’ accommodation
- 12 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners
- Elephant sanctuary visit
- Chiang Mai homestay experience
- Jungle trek to hill tribe village
- Kuang-Si Waterfalls visit
- Blue Lagoon 2 visit
- Hoa Lo Prison visit
- Ha Long Bay 2-day experience
- Ha Long Bay private island stay
- Ha Long Bay kayaking
- Phong Nha karaoke
- Hoi An guided tour
- Ho Chi Minh City guided tour
- Walking tour of Phnom Penh
- Koh Rong adventure boat cruise
- Koh Rong beach hammock stay
- S21 Prison visit
- Siem Reap walking tour
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat
- Guided tour of Bayon and Ta Prohm Temples
Sydney to Cairns Experience
- 20 nights’ accommodation
- 6 dinners, 4 lunches & 4 breakfasts
- Arrival airport transfer
- Walking tour in Sydney
- Sailing experience around the Whitsunday Islands
- Camping experience on Fraser Island
- Dolphin kayaking
- Walking tour of Brisbane
- 4x4 experience on Fraser Island
- Sunrise experience at Byron Bay Lighthouse
- Australia Zoo visit
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling
- Surf lesson in Surfers Paradise
New Zealand Experience
- 16 nights accommodation
- 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 4 dinners
- Auckland city orientation
- Waitomo glow-worm caves boat tour
- Hobbiton film set tour
- Kerosene creek
- Wai-O-Tapu thermal pools
- Kuirau geothermal park
- Maori cultural experience
- Lake Taupo sunset sailing
- Huka Falls
- Hot springs
- Queenstown city tour
- Canyon jet boating
- Milford Sound cruise
- Lord of the Rings tour
- Hike Mount Iron
- Mount Cook/Aoraki National Park
- Hot springs star gazing experience
- Airport pick up
- All on-trip transport (including internal flight)
USA West Coast Experience
- 10 nights’ accommodation
- 6 breakfasts & 4 dinners
- LA tour
- Surfliner train
- San Diego tour
- BBQ dinner (Phoenix)
- Grand Canyon hike
- Vegas night-time tour
- Yosemite entrance fee
- Yosemite hike
- San Fran walking tour
Best of Argentina & Brazil
- 16 nights’ accommodation
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Orientation Walk in Colonia del Sacramento
- Authentic estancia stay
- Ranch activities during estancia stay
- Guided tour of Iguassu Falls
All trip sections
- Group leader
- 24 hour emergency support
- International flights (between trip sections)
- Most airport transfers
- Optional activities
- Meals, drinks and snacks not listed in inclusions
- South Africa Experience: 14 nights’ accommodation in five-star backpacker lodges on the game reserve (week 1) and in backpacker hostels along the Garden Route (week 2). Rooms are dorm-style on a shared single-sex basis.
- Intro to Japan: 9 night’s accommodation in twin or triple-share rooms and one night in a multi-share temple room. You’ll stay in a range of accommodation from modern hostels to traditional Japanese guesthouses and temples.
- Southeast Asia Experience: 32 nights’ accommodation. This will mostly be on a mixed-sex dorm-style basis, with between 6 and 12 people per room. Some nights will be spent on sleeper trains or buses and you’ll have one night in a hammock on a deserted Cambodian beach.
- Sydney to Cairns Experience: 20 nights’ accommodation. 13 nights will be in shared backpacker hostels. You’ll also have 3 nights on an overnight bus, 2 nights sailing around the Whitsunday Islands and 2 nights camping on Fraser Island.
- New Zealand Experience: 16 nights’ accommodation in basic hotels and lodges. Rooms are on a single-sex multi-share basis with 4 – 6 guests per room.
- USA West Coast Experience: 10 nights’ accommodation in a mix of hotels and lodges and one night glamping in the Grand Canyon. Rooms are on a twin-share basis.
- Best of Argentina & Brazil: 16 nights’ accommodation in simple but comfortable hotels and hostels, plus 2 nights in a traditional estancia and one night on a sleeper bus. Rooms are a mix of twin and multi-share
Please note: private room upgrades may be available for some of the trip (at an additional cost). Please talk to your travel adviser for more information.
Included meals for each section of the trip are as follows. You’ll have to buy the rest of your meals, snacks and drinks yourself. This gives you maximum flexibility to enjoy each country’s unique cuisine.
- South Africa Experience: Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day on the game reserve (week 1). Breakfast only on Garden Route (week 2). Please note the game reserve is an alcohol-free environment.
- Intro to Japan: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners (Please note that vegetarian and vegan options are limited in Japan and we would encourage vegetarians and vegans to bring additional snacks.)
- Southeast Asia Experience: 12 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Sydney to Cairns Experience: 6 dinners, 4 lunches and 4 breakfasts.
- New Zealand Experience: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 4 dinners.
- USA West Coast Experience: 6 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
- Best of Argentina & Brazil: 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
South Africa Experience
Arrive in Port Elizabeth Airport (PTA) before 4pm on day 1. You’ll be met by the game reserve’s staff and transferred to the reserve.
The trip ends in Cape Town on day 15. Morning transfers to Cape Town International Airport (CPT) can be arranged for 7am (not included), but if you’ve got time before the next leg of your adventure, we’d recommend staying on in Cape Town for another night or two.
Intro to Japan
Your tour begins in Tokyo. Arrange your flight to arrive in either Narita (NRT) or Haneda (HND) Airport. There are no activities planned until the evening so arrive at a time that suits you. You’ll need to make your own way to your starting accommodation. The easiest way to do this is by bus or train. If you’d like to arrive before the trip start date, we can help you arrange pre-trip accommodation.
The trip ends on day 10 in Osaka. You’ll need to make your own way to Osaka (Itami) International Airport (ITM) in time for the next leg of your trip. The Monorail or a direct airport bus is the best way of getting there.
Southeast Asia Experience
This section of the trip begins in Bangkok. Fly into Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) and you can arrive at any time as you won't meet your group until 5pm on day 2. Taxis can be taken from within the arrivals hall for around £15..
This trip also ends in Bangkok on day 33. You can depart at any time. Your guide or hotel reception can help you book a taxi back to the airport.
Sydney to Cairns Experience
Your trip begins in Sydney, where you’ll need to meet your guide at 1pm. Your flight will need to arrive early in Sydney International Airport (SYD) in order to make the welcome meeting, or you might like to arrive the day before the trip start date and arrange an extra night of pre-trip accommodation with your travel adviser. An airport shuttle bus transfer is included, which will take you from the airport to the hostel.
This leg of the tour ends in Cairns on day 21. Make your own way to Cairns International Airport (CNS) at a time that suits you. Taxi takes around 10 minutes.
Ultimate New Zealand
This trip begins in Auckland. Arrive in Auckland International Airport (AKL) at any time and make your way to your starting accommodation. The SkyBus is the most cost-effective way of reaching the city centre, but it’s easy to pick up a taxi if you prefer.
This trip finishes in Wellington on day 21. Make your own way to Wellington International Airport (WLG) at any time or stay on for a few days in New Zealand. Taxi takes around 15 – 25 minutes or you can hop on the Airport Flyer Bus.
USA West Coast Experience
This section of the adventure starts in Los Angeles. Arrive in Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and make your own way to your starting hostel. We have activities planned for day 1, so we suggest that you arrive a day earlier and book pre-trip accommodation to make sure you’re here in plenty of time. The FlyAway Bus is the most convenient option and runs 24/7. The journey takes around 35 minutes in light traffic. Taxi takes around 20 minutes but will cost more.
The trip ends on day 11 in San Francisco, and you can leave at a time that suits you. You’ll need to arrange your own return transfer to San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Taxi or private shuttle will take around 35 minutes or you can travel by metro (BART).
Best of Argentina & Brazil
The last section of the trip begins in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrive in Ministro Pistarini International Airport (also known as Ezeiza) (EZE). There’s an early evening welcome meeting, so make sure you arrive in plenty of time for this. You’ll need to make your own way to the starting accommodation. Taxis usually take around 40 minutes or you can take the public bus (45 mins to 1.5 hours depending on route).
Your amazing adventure finishes in none other than Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on day 17. There are no activities scheduled for your programme end date, so you can leave whenever suits you, or stay on to enjoy the city for longer. You’ll need to head for Rio De Janeiro Galeao International Airport (GIG). Take a taxi, bus or a combination of bus and metro.
Please note: always make sure you leave plenty of time to get to and from the airport. Your group leader will be happy to help with return airport transfers and your travel adviser can book any pre-trip accommodation you may need and assist with arrival transfers.
You must be at least 18 years old to join this trip. (Please note that if you’re under 21, you won’t be allowed into bars, clubs or other places where alcohol is served in the USA. Even if you are over 21, we recommend that you always carry a valid form of ID.
- South Africa: British passport holders can enter South Africa for a stay of up to 90 days without a passport.
- Japan: British citizens can enter Japan as a visitor for up to 90 days without a visa. You may need to provide evidence of a return or onward ticket.
- Thailand: British passport holders can enter Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa. Please make sure you have a valid onward flight ticket.
- Laos: You will need a tourist visa to enter Laos, which can be purchased on arrival for approximately 35USD – please bring a passport photo with you for this.
- Vietnam: British nationals must apply for a visa before entering Vietnam. You can apply for a 30-day eVisa through the official Vietnamese Government website.
- Cambodia: British travellers need a visa to enter Cambodia. You can apply for this at Cambodian border (where you will need to pay a fee). Visa are valid for 30 days from arrival.
- Australia: All visitors to Australia (apart from those from New Zealand), need a visa or eVisa/ETA to enter the country. This must be applied for before your arrival into Australia.
- New Zealand: You do not need a visa to enter New Zealand as a visitor for up to 6 months, but you will need to get a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) before you travel. You can apply for this online before you travel and once issued it is valid for up to two years.
- USA: If you’re a British passport holder you can enter the USA for up to 90 days without a visa. However, you’ll need to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). You can do this online. Your passport needs to be valid for the duration of your stay.
- Argentina: You don’t need a visa to enter Argentina as a tourist. On presentation of a valid British passport you will normally be given an entry stamp permitting you to stay in the country for a period of up to 90 days.
- Uruguay: You don’t need a visa to enter Argentina as a tourist. On presentation of a valid British passport you will normally be given an entry stamp permitting you to stay in the country for a period of up to 90 days.
- Brazil: British nationals can normally enter Brazil without a visa as a tourist. You will, however, need to satisfy the immigration authorities that you have enough money for the duration of your stay and provide details of your accommodation and evidence of return or outward travel.
Please note: Many of these countries require you to have at least 6 months validity remaining on your passport when you travel. Visa and passport restrictions can be subject to change. Always check foreign travel advice before your trip.
What Luggage Do You Suggest?
We’ll be moving around a lot, so we would recommend a rucksack rather than a suitcase as they’re easier to carry. You’ll need a small day pack as well for when we’re trekking or on excursions. We’d also suggest that you pack as light as you can. The less you’re carrying the better!
How Many People Will Be In My Group?
All our group tours are small, and you’ll be travelling with between 12 and 25 people, depending on the section of the trip and how many people have booked on to your tour. Most of the sections will be closer to 12 than 25 (although the USA West Coast Experience is a slightly larger group format and may have up to 35 travellers).
What Will The Average Age Of The Other Travellers Be?
You will probably have a mix of ages in your group, but travellers have to be over 18 to be eligible to travel with us, and most people who book our trips are usually 18-35.
Will I Stay With The Same Group For My Whole Round The World Trip?
There may be some travel buddies who stay with you for multiple legs, but some people will leave and others will join for each leg of the trip.
Will Each Leg Of The Trip Follow On Directly From The Last?
Not necessarily. Depending on your dates of travel, there may be a number of days in between trip sections, and you may be able to enjoy a few days of free time in some of the destinations. Speak to your travel adviser for more information as we can help you arrange accommodation for the dates in between.
I’m Travelling With A Friend, Can We Stay Together?
Yes! Let us know when you book, and we’ll try to make sure you’re placed together.
Can I Book A Private Room?
Private room upgrades may be available for some parts of your trip (at an additional cost). Ask your travel adviser for more information.
Due to Covid-19, many of our partners and suppliers across the globe are putting in place new procedures and policies regarding health and safety in response to the outbreak. These new measures will adapt and change as the state of travel evolves, and the policies and procedures will vary depending on each trip. Some changes that you may experience on our trips are:
Updated safety & hygiene procedures
Health and safety measures will be adapted by our partners and suppliers, dependent on local laws and restrictions.
Different transport & accommodation
You may find yourself on transport or in accommodation that would not typically be used, such as hostels that are more secluded, or on more private transport. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Most trips include a meeting on arrival with the guide or local team to discuss the trip, and this is an opportunity for you to ask any questions. You should arrive in time to attend these briefings.
Emergency support 24/7
We have a UK based 24/7 emergency phone line if you have a genuine urgent matter that you need attending.
Knowledgeable & Trained Staff
We can help answer any questions or concerns you may have before you depart. Whilst travelling the guide or local team on our trips are there to help, and to ensure the smooth running of our trips.
Should you require medical assistance whilst travelling, the local team or guide will be able to help you get to a point of care. Medical facilities and standards can vary across the glove, so you should ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place.
Varying group sizes
To begin with, many trips will run with amended group sizes, so you may find smaller groups than would be typical. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Whilst there may be changes on our trips, it is vital that you make travelling safer for yourself, your travel companions, the local staff and guides, and the people of the country you are visiting. You should follow all local laws and restrictions, and follow the guidance of the local team. In addition, you can help make travel safer by bringing and using your own face coverings/masks and hand sanitiser, social distance where appropriate, wash your hands frequently, and cover your face when coughing or sneezing.